Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Podcasts

Coming from a background without any computer knowledge, I had no idea what a podcast was until I enrolled in this class. At first I was pretty nervous about performing for one for the world to see but after actual viewing a few, I feel much more confident and comfortable in producing one. I do not know if I will appear as a pro but I will put my best into this project.

I viewed MacBreak Weekly by Alex Lindsay. Lindsay explains the advantages of using Tubemogul to unload and track you online media. I find this podcast to be fairly boring. The next one I viewed was This Week in Photography by Andrew Darlo which discussed the many ways to utilize photography. I found this podcast very interesting because I enjoy taking pictures of people and the ideas he gave on printing styles would be very helpful for my develop. I could relate to some of the things he mentioned from my photograpy class in high school which I absolutely loved!

SmartBoard Lessons Podcast Episode 146 by Ben Hazzard and Joan Badger described the clouds and their formations. This would be helpful to view before teaching a lesson about clouds to your students in your class. One thing I liked about the way they developed their lessons is that, they always defined words within their lessons they felt were important for interpretation of the lessons. My favorite podcast viewing was from an elementary school in Arlington, VA. The students at Jamestown Elementary used pocasting in creative way. One of them was an audio recording of their second graders. They gave a speech on their understanding of the responsibilities of the students, their teacher, their parents and themselves. They did a great job.

The last one I viewed was from Jamestown Elementary School as well. Their first grade teacher scanned the children’s art work on the computer. She then had her students to display a story about their piece of art work as it was viewed. I bet these students were so proud of the way this teacher displayed their artwork for the world to view with a mini story to go along with it. Jamestown School Podcast #17 is a viewing of Mrs. Weaver's class performing their version of Cinderella. I enjoyed this one also, it gave me an idea for my classroom.














3 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Cute Kimberly ;)
The clock is ticking and it is currently 9:24 p.m.

Jennifer Averitt said...

Much better. I'm glad to hear that you feel more confident regarding your podcast for next week.

Elizabeth Corley said...

gOOD lUck! I'm sure you'll do well!