Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Classroom Podcast Reviews

I had been checking Ms. Averitt's page everyday until the pod casts were uploaded. The classes, for the most part, did an excellent job on our first pod casts. I was so proud of us. This was a great experience for me because I got to hear my voice recorded which did not sound much like a man as I had anticipated. The first pod cast I listened to was my group of course. My group members were Brooke Busby and Ashley Corley. Our discussion was on interesting blog we had discovered on the web that were utilized in K-12 classrooms as an educational tool. Ashley's sped read her part while Brooke read and free styled causing her to jumble up her words. I sounded like a robot reading from a script! Can anyone say "nervous" because we were very nervous. Although we were very wordy and our podcast was slightly lengthy, we did well.

Theola Hines and Larrica Smith's pod cast was hilarious. The girls just went with what they knew about their topic. They discussed the website Facebook being used as an educational tool. You could really tell that they did not do much reading which brought character to their pod cast. Another pod cast I felt was similar to theirs was Jill Revette and Matthew Cline. I was cracking up laughing when they did their performance. Their pod cast was discussed in a humorous fashion. Both groups tended to have some unplanned pauses but for the most part remained very entertaining and enjoyable.
Another pod cast I listened to was Susan Smith, Bridget Thompson-Hall, and Angela Minish. They discussed ALEX and ACCESS. You ladies did well with the exception of your strong southern accents. Some words were misinterupt because of those beautiful accents.

Last but not least, I wanted to applaud Keller Leathers, Rachael Beaty, and Joye Wiggins on their fabulous act. They performed like professionals. I was blown away! The only advice I have for them is keep up the good and try not to be so nervous. They seemed so natural but just a few words were shaky.









1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Excellent self evaluation. You are correct in that everyone did really well for their first podcast.