Thursday, November 20, 2008

Plusses and Minuses of Blogs in a Classroom

The person whose blog posts I chose to read was Elizabeth "Ashley" Corley.She and I seemed to have the same experiences with blogging. We had never heard of a blog until we entered this class. Although we were new to blogging, we found it to be easy to manipulate and use. We learned they blogging can also be benefical to teaching and learning.

Ashley and I were group members for our pod cast assignment. In researching information on our topic "Blogs in the Classroom", we discovered they blogs in the classroom is not new. We just did not know about it. We saw how teachers were using this teaching tool in the classroom and confirmed that it would be a great idea for us to use it in our classroom as well.
The plusses of using blogs in the classroom is that it is an excellent communication tool. Students can critique their fellow classmates' work, submit assignments, and recieve assignments too. Burpback educating is becaming a thing of the past. Students were rather complete assignment on the internet than fumbling with some papers. Children these days are always on the computer. I believe integrate blogging into the curriculum would help me and my students.
There are always negatives to go along with positives. The minuses of blogs in the classroom is that, not every student has a computer at home. The internet can be safely used with the proper procedures or programs but the internet can be very dangerous to children. I find doing my work on the computer easy, but sometimes get a little off course with my assignments becuause of wanting to check other accounts that have nothing to do with my schoolwork. I know this may be a difficult task with students as well. They may start their assignment then start surfing the web if they became bored. For the most part, I still think using blogs in the classroom is a great idea.



TO read Ashley Corley's Blog Posts CLICK HERE!

2 comments:

Marlena said...

I agree totally. I found that Kelsey and I had pretty much the same experiences too!

Jennifer Averitt said...

Good job Kimberly.