Thursday, November 20, 2008

Evaluation of My Experiences In EDM310

First of all, this is the first computer applications class I have taken during my college experience. Everything I was exposed to was new to me. I appreciate this class being apart of the Elementary Education degree plan. If this class was not mandatory, I probably would have not taken it with fear of doing poorly or not being able to understand many of the concepts covered. I am glad I took this class. I learned many new things I had absolutely no idea about or even ever heard of. I took proud in creating my own blog. I think using this teaching tool throughout this class was a good idea. I would much rather submit something electronic than manually any day. My printer ran out of ink during the summer semester but because we don't use printers for any of our assignments, I didn't have to stress about purchasing ink. Times are hard! I learned some simple things during this semester as well like downloading pictures, creating links, and making my blog user friendly for disabled individuals. I learned how to create spreadsheets with formulas, create a slide show, and utilize many of the tools under Google. Before this class, I never got on the internet. I never been on iTunes or Youtube. I created my first gmail acount in this class! I had no clue Google had so many free things to how with many projects for school and my classroom.
To find out what a pod cast was and then to ctreate my own was a great experience! Although I was very nervous and stressed about the whole idea, I am glad I went through with it. I also enjoyed making a customize iGoogle page for my students. My daughter was my first viewer and user and she really liked it. She stayed on there for a couple of hours. I had to made her get off. I had never heard of an ACCESS lab neither. I did not know technology in schools had escalate that much since I graduated high school. *************************AN ACCESS LAB I was a little disappointed we did not create our own website. I had already started bragging to my friends about it. I would have like to learn how to create a program that I could download all my students completed assignments and a create computer generated grade book that automatically calculated their grades and averages for me. Maybe in the furture I can take some courses to be able to create these things myself. I give this class an A- overall. Good Job Ms. Averitt! I hope we made you proud!

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Great Job Kimberly! For some one new to much of this technology you did exceptionally well. Keep up the good work. As I showed you in class from the Microsoft website, there are many templates for grade books available. Just down load one that looks of interest to you and "play" with it. Don't worry about messing it up. Just don't save your changes and you can reload the original. Good luck in your future classes.